top of page

What should I do when I receive a letter from the Department stating that my insurance was cancelled

If your insurance coverage has an effective date that is the same or earlier than the cancellation date, and was issued by your insurance company, you need to obtain a letter from your insurance company's headquarters. The letter must be on official company letterhead signed by an authorized representative of the insurance company's headquarters. The letter must contain the date the policy resumed active coverage, policy number, policy effective and expiration dates, NAIC number, VIN and any information regarding a lapse, if applicable.

If the effective date of coverage indicates within 30 days or less from the cancellation date, we would need an acceptable form for proof of insurance and a notarized affidavit stating the vehicle was not driven during the lapse of coverage. An MV-221 "Statement of Non-Operation of Vehicles" can be submitted in place of the affidavit. This form does not have to be notarized.

Featured Posts
Recent Posts
Search By Tags
Follow Us
  • Facebook Basic Square
  • Twitter Basic Square
  • Google+ Basic Square
bottom of page